Monday, April 13, 2009

A Weekend With The Grand Rents!

So, to start off our wonderful journey that takes over 5 hours to get to our destination, I pack my clothes and I’m all ready to go. But of course I forgot about something. How I’m going to take care of my cat while we’re gone. This isn’t the first time we left her but it’s her first time all by herself. My other cat Weedo died recently and she always had him for help. She (Cookie) is still a kitten kind of. I think she turns 2 this year! Well, all we ever did with Weedo was stick him outside with some food and water. I live out in the country so they’re outside all the time hunting, sunbathing, and whatever else it is that cats do outside. Sit and smoke weed probably. Just kidding. So I tried to find her and make sure she wasn’t in the house at all…couldn’t find her…so she was hopefully already outside. So then we left a little after 6pm.

So, here we are traveling the long road….try to watch a movie. Got no luck with that. I only got to the part watching Wall~E where Eva and wall e were dancing in space together with a fire extinguisher. Then I tired to fall asleep, but I kept on getting calls on my cell phone and texts. I figured I’d take advantage of the opportunity to talk to people since I’m never in service at home. So I got to catch up on a couple of my peeps that I don’t talk to much.

Finally, just a little after 11pm, we have reached our destination. With lots of smiling faces at that that I haven’t seen in a long time. But then my heart gets heavy when I think that this will be the last time till I get back when I see my cousins and some of my other family. So first to greet me of course is my awesome cousin Katlyn, 11! Had to ask her for a hug though L but I got one! And Nick said hi. Haha. He’s your typical almost 13 year old by that doesn’t like the mushy stuff. I had a blast with them at the park! Both parks. We went on the swings and climbed on everything. Went to a second park, kind of swung, but they were really bad swings. I attempted to cross the monkey bars, failed miserably at that. Katie and Nick did better than me. J After the parks we went to the ball park and ran around the bases, walked through the bleachers, messed with the score bored and Nick found a dollar! LUCKY!! We fallowed a bunny that Nick couldn’t see and tired to catch him but he went under a white shack. There were holes dug all around that shack. Lol. Personal mansion for that little bunny, so then that led to us going to the benches, then me and Nick saw a red hand water pump and pretended that we were super dehydrated kids and guess what, what I expected was something different. There REALLY was no water! Then a little ways off there was another one. It too was the same, no water. HA! If we were really dehydrated I would have been worried. But we were in town and we were just playing.

The next day, my other cousin came, Grace, 4, with my aunt and uncle of course. We had a HUGE dinner with my favorite foods, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, cinnamon/brown sugared ham, and…wow it was just yesterday and I know there were four things that I just ate. Is this a sign that I’m getting old? Dang.

After dinner me, Katie, Nick, and Grace went to the park AGAIN! I was getting so tired and I was swinging so much I felt nauseous. After about another 3 hours of playing at the park and 2 hours of playing Mario on grannies DS and playing the Super Nintendo (my personal favorite game system in the world) after that they all had to go home. Said out last goodbyes. It was emotional them leaving and seeing them for the last time till I get back. But that’s all I’ll say before I get too emotional again.

Then the next day I went home. Which I’m writing this in the car ride home now. Still about a half hour to go. I’m really tired and have a headache from riding in the car. Yes, I do get sick from riding in the car for too long without breaks and look, I became a truck driver. Haha. Who would’ve guess??

Well, 7 days till I’m in Hawaii with my best friend Candi! I’m so excited and glad that she’s going to come. Wish I could bring the other 2 Steph and Lynard (jen), but they’re in Florida right now like I said, and my other best friends Manders (Amanda) lives by the cities. I haven’t actually heard from her in a long time. I should give her a call see what she’s up to.
Anyway, enough of me rambling on! Haha. The name suits me well. Thanks T.J. J I will blog later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment