Monday, April 27, 2009

Hawaii

Ok, so I've been slacking a little on my trip, I've been very busy and exhausted my whole trip but dang is it fun!! I love it. Been horseback riding....twice!! Because I've loved it so much we wanted to go back again. The first time was a lot of fun! I had a horse named Dia Day, and Candi's was Pay Day! Haha! There were about 8 people in front of us and just a couple behind us, so we just got to chill. The guide that was in back was really nice, didn't get to talk to him much though. My horse Dia Day, (yes I know it's kinda weird), she was very wanting to go a move. She did not like to stand in one place or follow Pay Day, Dia always went to the opposite side of Pay Day. She liked to trot, I got her to trot a few times. There was this one spot that was really steep going down and you always had to wait for the horse in front of you to be at the bottom. It wasn't very long but just enough to get Dia going pretty fast. I loved every second of it!!! The second time that we rode there, which was today, me and Candi got the same horses again :) it was a lot of fun and I can't wait till I got horseback riding again!!

I drove yesterday for the first time in Hawaii, I was REALLY nervous, but really, it's no different than any other place other than the roads are like our narrow bridges, and what's sad, is that they have a sign that says narrow bridge, so I have to drive on a double narrow bridge. Plus you have the people riding bikes right on the side of the road....agh!! Some of these roads too are crazy! Like driving up to the stables place, you have to do a complete U turn and that's part of the road! It's because you're going up part of the mountain though too. And the traffic here is terrible! At certain times anyway. But I can drive through it just fine.

When me and Candi went to the beach, there were waves coming up on shore that were as tall as the both of us! They were huge! One wiped me out once haha, and I got the very first big swig of salt water in my mouth, that was VERY gross. I don't know how people can surf in these waters. And yes, we see surfers with boards everywhere. But not too big of waves tho. But they do do a pretty good job of it. With what they have. Candi said that they have surf board covers like we carry gun covers back home. Haha! But of course there's a gun or a surf board inside the case of course. lol.

At night it's been pretty cloudy though, but tonight was the first night that it wasn't, so me and Candi got to watch the sunset. We walked and took a lot of pictures of it, but between then I just looked up and watched it, and my mind wondered back home (even though it's really cold there, I still really miss it) there's really nothing like home sweet home. I just don't know what I'm going to do when I get to Afghanistan...yeah...let's not go there.

So we did go to this all day thing, the Polonysian Culture, it was so cool, me and Candi did these little stick games, learned some different language for names like fire. haha. It was funny, you had to of been there. We got painted tatoos on our ankles from New Zeland. We had dinner, and we ate raw fish (ick!) and some other crazy purple stuff. I know that's my favorite color, but dang, you're not supossed to eat anything purple!

Me and Candi every night watch movies on our TV. She brought lots of DVD's, and a lot of movies I haven't seen which some are Chiwawa. (yea I can't spell it) And a few others but half of them I fall asleep to them, so I guess I can't really say I've watched them. It's weird because I usually don't fall asleep watching movies....ever.....yea...lol. ;)

Well, there's not too much else to say about my trip other than I'm having an awsome time, missing a lot of friends, especially the one way straight south of Minnesota, I wish I got to see that friend one more time before we left. I really do miss him dearly. Although I don't admit it to him because I'm just trying to be strong. Army Strong! haha. yea. So, I'm going to go to bed now and finish this movie if I don't fall asleep first. So I'll write later!

No comments:

Post a Comment