Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Month of Troubles

Wow. That's all I can really explain the month of April. My last month at home and it's actually truning out to be pretty rotten. First off, no car. The timing belt broke on it along with other things that my partents failed to inform me on. The only thing they told me is that it would cost more than we wanted to fix it. They also told me it would be pointless to fix cuz it's too old of a car. Now it's only a '99, it's not that old to me. And I was willing to pay to fix it but guess what!? They told me no. So they'd rather me sit at home and do nothing. Other than what I did yesturday because my friends decided to be nice to me before they left for Florida. But, yes there is a but, there is this big red truck that sits in our driveway. It's one of those trucks that you just look at and then look at your vehicle and admire it that it's so much better than that truck. But really, that truck isn't half bad if you don't look at the rust, milage hog, and the hole in the drivers side floor!! Don't stick your foot in the wrong spot! You'll slip through! haha. But other than that that truck runs great! I don't mind it too much myself if I may say. Oh, and I forgot to mention the expired tabs. lol. I looked and they're only a year old so it couldn't be too bad. Unless they needed new plates to go along with it which I think they're also due on that truck.

And since today got to be a pretty nice day outside I decided to set the hammock I got for my mom last year for mothers day. So, I set it up, took me a matter of a half hour including getting it in the right spot that I wanted it. Away from the wind and in the sun. Tried to take a nap but couldn't fall asleep. This was around noon thirty. So I take my laptop outside and start opening it. When my dad's pug decided to jump up on there with me, he jumped right on top of my laptop! For a little while three of my keys didn't work! I let it sit for awhile and it worked eventually. That dog is very lucky. And of course i kicked him off the hammock after he did that. Almost litterally! Sometimes I wish we never got that dog because all he does most of the time is beg for food and fart. REALLY stinky farts too. Clear the room or you'll die kind of farts. I'm not kidding. And this is coming out from a little pug! Who knew something that little and that cute could stink that much!? Well, after a few hours of being back inside the house and failing before to take a nap, I go back out there just before 3:30pm and take another nap. Just before falling asleep some telemarketer calls! Hang up with them, then about 10 minutes later one of my friends call, hang up with them after approximently 10 minutes, almost exactly 10 minutes later my brother calls from Kentucky, talk to him for 7 minutes. After another 10 minutes ANOTHER phone call from somebody I don't know. I don't even answer that one by then. It was another telemarketer as far as I know. So in all that I was just getting to sleep after every time the phone rang. Dang what does a girl got to do around here to get some sleep!? I love taking naps. I feel so good after taking them.

Throughout the day I always carry my cell phone with me because there's a really good friend that I can text through email. And after I came back from my second attempt on my nap, I haven't seen my phone since then. It's now just past 1 am the next morning...still no cell phone. I'll go back outside and look in the morning :(

Now I really don't think my life could get any worse. Although it possibly could after I tell you this. One of my really good friend from AIT (advanced individual training, in case you were wondering) in the army called me early this morning to tell me another friend from AIT was killed in a car accident. His number is in my phone (which I can't find) and I don't know wether I should leave it in there as a reminder, or delete his number forever. It's really sad talking about people dieing. I don't like it. And I'm not going to even get into the little 5 year old boy that got ran over by a bus last Friday. That is too much too. There seems to be too much death going around right now. And hopefully I won't even see this much when I'm in Afghanistan. There's more people I know that've died here. But I really do hate talking about death so I prefer not to mention them.

That pretty much sums up my day. At least I can look on the bright side and say I still have my laptop for communicating to outside of my perimeter of my house. haha. Barely saved my laptop from the dog though. He's lucky to still be alive. Well that's it for now. I'll write later!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure your last month will turn out better... when you're in HAWAII!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...yes I hope it does...who knows...maybe I'll meet a cute guy there :)

    ReplyDelete