Thursday, April 23, 2009

Second Day In Hawaii!

Today was a little more exciting than yesterday I promise. The morning started off kinda slow. Didn't do much until noon because we were tired from the night before. But after that we got in the convertable with the top down (which isn't very exciting in the backseat of the car with your hair down). We got to this road and it was a little town looking kinda and it had all these cute little stores with gifts and clothes in them. The first place we stopped at me and Candi saw a whole bunch of little gadgety things. We bought a lot of things, we both got these little shell's that said Aloha and then a little picture of a turtle and one with a pretty flower, then at the bottom it said Hawaii. It was cute. Then we saw these little necklaces and lots and lots of shells. We both bought the dangly shells that hang in a spiral, well mine is purple (my favorite color) and Candi got a pink one. They're both exactly the same except the color.

So we continued the long walk on. My parents are not with us just to let you know. We hit a few clothing stores, one of them had really cute clothes in it, I almost bought a shirt but they didn't have my size and it was really expensive. It was 75% off and still cost $78. Yeah the normal price was $155. It was really cute though. So the next store we went to had some more things in it, I don't really remember all the stores we hit, there were a lot. We walked in a store where I touched my first REAL surfboard! It was a little more plastic like than I thought it would be. So maybe it wasn't a real surfboard then. But they had them chained to the wall so they most likely were then. We saw a store and went in....at first it wasn't normal, it almost looked chinese, maybe Japanese. But either way, it wasn't a normal looking store. They had clothes in there that I wouldn't wear one thing in there. Some stuff looked kinda cute I guess, but I'd just never wear it in Minnesota. This sales guy asked Candi if he could have her try a sheet looking dresss on that if you fold it certain ways that it changes it's looks and stuff. It was funny watching her. We were planning on our way back that we'd buy it on our way back, but we walked so far we had my parents come pick us up at the end of the road. haha. By that store though we were both getting really thirsty. So we crossed the road and ended up at this super cute deli. I wished I was hungry because they had really good looking sub sandwiches. But the store was NOTHING like subway so don't think like that. We got these Hawaiian juice that had a fruit tasting in it. But it came in a can like pop. It was REALLY good!! We walked down more road, got thirsty again, this time we got ICECREAM!!! My favorite. They had this really weird homemade icecream (suposidly known worldwide for their best icecream. It wasn't busy at all so I don't know). But then they had these cookie looking things that had different flavoring. They were kinda doughy on the outside but it was mostly flour the girl said, and had icecream in the middle. That was really good too! I want some more. lol. Then we went to one more store to look at dresses but since some of these places are so small they don't have changing rooms so you have to guess. We both wanted to find dresses to wear to the beach but if they didn't fit that would just suck. Walked a little more ways and my parents picked us up so we didn't have to walk back. :)

When we got back to the condo me and Candi had girl talk in our room while mom and dad made steaks on the grill. Me and Candi made the salads tho. After we got done eating we walked the oposite way we went last night. But this time it was very close to dard. There's these pipeline looking things and one is really long, the water will splash up on it sometimes and get you wet if you walk out on it. I should know. lol. But a couple hundred feet and I was out at the end! It was really scary. I don't care to do that ever again. But a long way down from that me and Candi litterally almost stepped on HUGE seaturtles!! I'm not sure if they're the same onees but we got to touch them and everything! They actually stink! If you smell real close to them. And they're shells arent that slimmy either. We petted them and Candi kept taking pictures of them scaring them with the flash and blinding me and her with it! We walked a good 2 miles on the beach. Then came back up to the condo wanted to swim in the pool tonight because it's a pretty deep pool so we can go diving. But got too tired once again and here I am. I'm fighting to keep my eyes open now so I'll write again soon! Hawaii is a blast and I can't wait till I come back!

3 comments:

  1. Was the icr cream better than ColdStone?!

    You HAVE to check out Sunset Beach on the North Shore. Go there in the early afternoon and enjoy the beach. Then, watch the sunset as it'll be one of the best you've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've watched it from our beach which is Sunset Ave. or something like that. Tonight was the first night that it wasn't cloudy though so I did see it! It was wonderful! I loved it! I want to see it again tomorrow night too! I really have never seen a sunset like that...there's always trees in the way at home...but hey, it is Minnesota so there's trees where ever you go. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And about the icecream...yea...it is pretty good. I do almost have to say it is better. Because Cold Stone doesn't have the cookie looking things. I don't know what they're called, but those cookie icecream things are the best icecream things I've ever tasted!! Did you know they also do have a Cold Stone here too!! I took a picture so I'll show you. It's great.

    ReplyDelete